So you sent a color document to be printed and released it at a printer capable of printing color… and it came out in black and white. What happened?
To assist in the cost savings and environmental impact of printing, we set the printing system to default to print double-sided and in black and white. But you can easily override those settings. Here's how:
- When you're ready to print your document, ensure that RicohPrinters on Lisle PaperCut, is the selected printer (it should be already). If you're using Chrome, you need to use the system's print dialog, not Chrome's. See below for a screen shot.
- Click the "Properties" button beside the name of the printer.
- In the Printer Properties dialog box, choose "Color" from the Color/Black and White drop down menu at the bottom:
- Click "OK" to return to the Print dialog box.
- Click "Print" to send the color document to PaperCut.
Make sure you confirm that you are releasing your print job at a color-capable printer!
Printing from the Chrome Browser?
Chrome supplies its own print dialog and, to print a color document from Chrome, you need to use the system dialog. Click Print Using System Dialog… at the bottom of the Chrome dialog box and then proceed with the steps above: