Below you will find the links to the most commonly asked questions about Zoom at Benedictine University. Each of the links opens a Zoom article in a new window.
- Join a test meeting to make sure your webcam and audio are working
- Read the Zoom Quick Start Guide
- How to Download the Desktop Client (Windows and Mac)
- Start or Join a Meeting as the Host.
- Inviting People to Join Your Meeting.
- What's the Difference Between a Host, Co-Host, and an Alternative Host.
- Using Breakout Rooms.
- How to Pre-Assign People to Breakout Rooms.
- Using Virtual Backgrounds.
- Changing the Video Layout (Gallery vs. Active Speaker View).
- Muting and Unmuting Participants.
- How to Share Your Screen.
- How to Share Computer Audio During Screen Sharing.
- iOS Screen Sharing.
- Using White Boards.
- Using the Annotation Tools on Shared Screens or White Boards.
- Recording to Your Computer (Local).
- Recording to the Cloud (Staff & Faculty Only).
- Cloud Recording Playback.
- Automatic Recording.
- Finding and Viewing Local Recordings.
- Deleting Local or Cloud Recordings.
- Recording on iOS or Android Devices.
- Sharing a Local Recording.
- How to Customize Your Profile.
- Setting Up Your Personal Meeting ID (PMI) and Personal Zoom Link.
- Allow Another Person to Schedule Meetings on Your Behalf.