This article covers how to download your recordings from Zoom's server and then upload them to your OneDrive space.
Before You Begin:
There are two things you need to know:
- First, we strongly recommend that you create a separate folder in OneDrive for each recording in order to keep your recordings organized and easy to find. Additionally, this will make sharing your recordings from OneDrive much easier to manage.
- Secondly, there may be up to three different files for each recording: the MP4 file that contains the video itself, a TXT file that has the transcript of the chat, and a VTT file that contains any subtitles or closed captioning that you used during the original meeting. Please keep all three files together for each recording. If you didn't have closed captioning enabled or there was no chat, then you will only have the MP4 file.
This is a three-step process. First, download the recordings to your computer, then upload the files to OneDrive, and, finally, delete the recordings from Zoom.
We suggest that you create the subfolders for each recording in OneDrive prior to migrating from the Zoom servers. For information on how to create the folders, please see Getting Started with OneDrive and jumping to the 1:07 mark of the video.
Step 1: Download the Recordings
- Log in to your Zoom account.
- On the left hand side of the screen, click on the Recordings link
- At the top of the screen, you’ll see “Cloud Recordings” and “Local Recordings”. Make sure you select “Cloud Recordings”
- You will see a list of all of your video recordings that are stored on Zoom’s servers. These are the videos you need to migrate.
- To the right of each recording you will see an ellipsis (…). Click the ellipsis and select "Download". In parentheses you will see the number of files (1, 2, or 3) that the recording has. Allow your browser to download multiple files if asked. At this point in time, recordings need to be downloaded individually.
Note that you are downloading a copy of the recording and that the original is still on Zoom. Make sure you complete Step 3 to remove the originals from Zoom when you are done.
Step 2: Upload to OneDrive
This section assumes that you've already created the subfolders in OneDrive
- Log into Microsoft 365 at https://office.com
- Click on the OneDrive icon on the left side of the window
- Click on the folder name for the recording you want to upload
- Once the new folder opens, click the "Upload" button, select "Files", and then select the file(s) to upload and click "Open"
- Repeat this step for each recording you've downloaded.
Step 3: Delete the Recordings from Zoom
Before completing this step, please confirm that you have successfully uploaded the files to OneDrive.
- If you are no longer logged into Zoom, please log back in.
- Go back to the recording section (left hand side of the screen)
- Select all of the recordings you wish to delete (you can select multiple recordings at once)
- Click the "Delete" button in the main screen. It's directly above the first recoding on the screen.
- When asked, confirm the deletion. Depending on the number of recordings to delete, this may take some time.
If you were sharing the recordings from Zoom, you will need to share the recordings from their new location in OneDrive. Please follow the instructions laid out in the Sharing Zoom Recordings from OneDrive article.